Street Cleaner: The Video Game
The Street Cleaner's work is never done. Become Jack Slade on his quest to wipe out criminal scum from the streets of San Diego in this 8-bit retro style platformer. Your gun and your trusty baseball bat are the only tools you need to take on the criminal underworld through seven action packed stages.
Street Cleaner: The Video Game is an action platformer in the style of 8-bit classics from the 1980's. Based on the alter ego of real life synthwave musician Street Cleaner, the game follows the character of Jack Slade the from the fictional series of vigilante films, as things would be if he had made the transition to a licensed video game in that era. Make no mistake, while this game may look like a blast from the past, the gameplay is a product of more modern times. While the game is tough, there's no lives or instant death to worry about here! You can feel free to enjoy the experience no matter what your skill level may be, thanks to the built in "Assist Mode" options.
Now on Nintendo Switch!
Get the complete retro experience by playing Street Cleaner: The Video Game as it was meant to be played, on a Nintendo console!
The BIG Box Collector's Edition
This limited run of 250 hand numbered big boxes come in at 12” x 9” x 2”, easily big enough to intimidate any other pc game big box on your shelf. Includes the game, the Music From and Inspired By CD album, the game guide, and unique to this box an epic poster of Slade facing off with the final boss, The Great Gadfly!
Buy on Steam
Street Cleaner: The Video Game is available now on Steam for PC.
Not only is Street Cleaner: The Video Game a thrilling retro 8-bit gaming experience, it has a rocking chiptune soundtrack to match! Written by the Street Cleaner himself, the OST contains original music written in Famitracker. In fact, with a flash cart, you can even play the NSF files (included in the download) on original console hardware!
But that's not all, included on the OST are an EP's worth of full on heavy darksynth versions of some of the music found in the game!
- An ALL NEW soundtrack of authentic pulse-pounding 8-bit chiptunes by the Street Cleaner himself!
- Seven Stages featuring ten exciting boss fights.
- Stylish 8-bit retro aesthetics combined with modern visual flair like large scale pixel animations, parallax scrolling backgrounds and particle effects.
- In game controller/keyboard remapping for convenience and accessibility.
- "Assist Mode" game mode for accessibility options allows EVERYONE to play the game how they want to by adjusting settings like: infinite health, infinite ammo, double jump, reduced game speed, and more.
- "Hardcore Mode" game mode for players in search of extreme difficulty.
- In game timing options including an optional visible timer, and a highly accurate end game time screen to assist with speed runs..
Street Cleaner: The Video Game is a fantastic game for people who like to speedrun games and for people who enjoy watching skilled gameplay. The optional in game timer helps you keep track of how well you're doing on individual stages, and the end game score screen gives you a complete view of your runs. Join the Discord community for hints and tips. And check out the official leaderboards on SpeedRun.com. Submit your times and take part in the fun!